When individuals book for any destination, they want their whole trip to be hassle-free. However, sometimes, people think of transferring their ticket to another person due to certain situations. The first question that strikes the minds of Flyers of British Airways is whether it possible to transfer the ticket to another person or not? Most Flyers are confused about the British Airways transfer ticket to another person. Furthermore, before you think of transferring your ticket to someone else’s name, it is essential to know whether this is possible or not?
If you want to talk to a competent person for the transfer of your British Airways ticket to another person, you can also call +1-805-270-2709.
Related: British Airways Cancellation Policy
Is it possible to do British airways transfer ticket to person?
As most Flyers are confused about whether it is possible to transfer the ticket to another person, go through the information here to find out about it. The answer to this question is no. This means British Airways does not allow passengers to transfer the ticket to another person. However, there are other ways to simplify this whole situation.
There are two ways on which one can rely in this situation-
- Firstly, an individual can follow the name change procedure set by British Airways.
- Secondly, an individual can cancel his/her British Airways Reservations and reboot another one with this airline.
Name change procedure set by British Airways
As it is impossible to do the British Airways transfer ticket to another person, people can rely on the name change procedure. However, keeping the Flyers in mind, this airline has set a straightforward procedure.
Furthermore, there are both online and offline ways of name change. So, this means it depends on each flyer to choose the way they find best for themselves. Read the information given below and know about these procedures in detail.
- Online method
In today’s time, individuals rely on online ways as it allows them to complete the procedure very quickly. Furthermore, to complete this procedure, one needs to visit the official website of British Airways. Then, follow the steps given below and follow these to complete the name change procedure via the online method.
If you don’t have time to go through the entire process, just delegate your task to someone else by calling +1-805-270-2709
- Firstly, open the official website of British Airways.
- As soon as the official site opens, you need to click on the option of “manage” on the homepage.
- Now enter the six-digit booking reference number in addition to the last name of the flyer. Press the “find my booking” option to retrieve flight details.
- Furthermore, here you will find the name correction link on the top right corner of the page. Click on the same.
- Once you click the link, you will become eligible for the name change. Remember, you are eligible for changing up to three characters on the first, middle, and last name.
- As soon as you make the required changes, click on the ” confirm ” option.
- Moreover, in this step, you need to pay the fee set by British Airways to complete the name change procedure.
- Lastly, once you follow all the steps given above, you will get confirmation from British Airways within two to three hours.
- Offline method
Apart from the online method of the name change, people can also rely on the offline mode. Furthermore, any individual who is not interested in using the online method can easily choose the offline one. Furthermore, the offline method includes getting in touch with the travel representatives of British Airways.
Once you contact them, you need to share some information about the flight booking. Furthermore, remember you should have your booking code ready with you. Once you share all the details with the travel expert, they will complete their name change procedure for you in no time.
*Note– An individual needs to keep in mind that he/she need to provide legal documents to the travel experts of this airline if he/she want to complete the name change procedure. Furthermore, this is applicable in cases like divorce or marriage, etc. Therefore, you need to send the document to the airlines team via email.
British Airways Name Change Fee
Through the information given above, Flyers of British Airways know about ways to complete the name change process. The next important thing is to know about the name change fee. British Airways make sure that they do not charge an unaffordable amount for its passengers. Thus, the name change fee set by this airline is very minimal.
- Firstly, if you complete the name change procedure within 24 hours of purchasing your ticket, you must pay around $150.
- On the contrary, passengers need to pay the fee of around $250 if they request it after 24 hours of making the reservation.
- About re-booking
In addition to relying on the name change procedure as given above, one can re-book their tickets. British Airways allow one to re-book their tickets in a hassle-free manner. Therefore, one can easily do this procedure by canceling their previous booking. Once you do British Airways Cancellation , you can re-book a new one for yourself.
Furthermore, an individual can complete the re-booking procedure via the online method. In this case, you need to visit the official website of British Airways and follow the steps to complete this process. On the contrary, you can contact the travel representatives and complete this process.
Read Also :- British Airways Extra Baggage Cost
Refund Conditions of British airways
When any passenger decides to cancel their tickets, the first question that strikes their mind is about the refund. Furthermore, one can know all about the refund scenario once they go through the information given below.
- Firstly, according to the rules set by British Airways, an individual is not eligible to ask for a refund if they have a non-refundable ticket.
- Furthermore, if an individual holds a partially used ticket, they will get the difference between the purchase price and the fed for the journey already flown minus any charges or taxes. So, they will get the refund amount as per this rule.
For any British Airways ticket transfer-related queries, call +1-805-270-2709
Frequently Asked Questions
British Airways does not allow any of its flyers to transfer tickets to another person in any case
Yes, it is possible to change the name on the booking once it is finalized. You can either get in touch with the British Airways Travel Representative or use the online method of the name change.