Have you booked your flight tickets with United Airlines but wish to change due to your sudden plans? In that case, there is no need to worry as the airlines offer its passenger to reschedule their plans.
United Airlines is one of the third largest airlines globally that has been assisting international & domestic routes since the 90s.
If you don’t know how to change your United Flights, then you are at the right place. In this blog, you will learn the essential details on United Flight Change.
How to Change your United Flights?
We understand the problems come without asking, so United Airlines provides ample options to change flight booking. If you want to change your flights, read the methods mentioned below:
Related: United com/Refund
Flight Change Via Online Method
- Firstly, go to the official site of the airlines.
- Secondly, search for the manage booking option mentioned as My Trips on the homepage.
- Then, click on the tab.
- Enter the required details such as booking reference no, and last name.
- Afterward, a new page will pop on the screen.
- Make the required change in your itinerary and click on the change button.
- Confirm your changes and click on the continue tab to proceed ahead.
- Now, pay the difference in fare and change fee if applicable.
- Lastly, you will receive a confirmation with a new e-ticket on your registered mail ID or phone no.
United Change Flight Phone Number
- Firstly, visit the official site of the airlines.
- Secondly, on the homepage, search for the ‘Contact Us’ tab.
- Then, click on the tab.
- Now, you’ll be connected on a call.
- Listen to the IVR menu carefully to get connected with the customer executive.
- After connecting to the executive, tell your query in detail and ask them to make changes.
- The executive will make the desired changes and confirm your changes.
- Now, you must pay the difference in fare and change fee if required.
- At last, you will receive a confirmation of a new e-ticket on your registered mobile no or email ID.
Flight Change at Airport
The airline offers its passengers flight change at the airport also. But, sometimes, it happens that flyers don’t get connected with the customer executive or are not able to make changes online. For that, they can opt for the ticket counter and can make the desired changes.
The ticket counter agent will help you make your required changes. Thus, you will be required to pay the fare difference and change fee if applicable after making the charges. At last, you will get the confirmation on your registered mobile no or mail ID.
United Airlines Flight Change Policy
Now that you know how to change your United flights, let’s discuss the guidelines that regulate this process.
The airline doesn’t charge its passengers a change fee for most cabin classes except the basic economy if the passenger travels within the United States. Thus, given below are more policies one should be aware of:
- The airline doesn’t charge any fee for Economy, Economy Plus, First, Business & United Premium Cabin Class.
- If a passenger has booked a ticket within Economy Class, he can choose to change his booking to a different time or day.
- In case the airlines cancel the flight. Then, the passenger can request a complete refund.
- If a passenger has booked his ticket within a first or business class, then he can make a flight change free of cost.
- The airlines change most tickets at no cost but under a few terms & conditions. For example, passengers can change their flight a minimum of 30 days before the scheduled departure.
- The airlines don’t charge any fees for making any modifications to non-refundable tickets.
- If a passenger is making changes in the non-refundable ticket and gets the costlier reservation from the original ticket, he has to pay the difference in fare. The excess amount will be refunded to the original payment mode in case of cheap tickets.
- If the passenger has booked a ticket using award points. In that case, he can make changes free of cost. He only has to pay the cancelation fee at the time of cancelation.
- The airline won’t charge any fees on international travel that mainly originates in the United States.
- If a passenger wants to make a change and doesn’t get a suitable date or time for his flight, then the flyer is eligible to get a refund in the form of the United airlines Credit Voucher.
24 hours United Airlines Flight Change
The airline 24 hours change flight policy is similar to the cancellation policy. The passenger has 24 hours from the reservation to make changes without paying any fee. The reservation must be made at least seven days before the scheduled departure.
Thus, the policy is applicable on all tickets except the Basic Economy Cabin Class.
United Airlines Flight Change Policy for Basic Economy Cabin Class
The airline doesn’t provide its passengers to make a change to a Basic Economy ticket within 24 hours of booking. It only offers to make cancelations within 24 hours of booking at no cost. Thus, these tickets are entirely unchangeable.
How To Change Your United Flights At No Cost?
There is a time for everything, and here also you have some period when changes or cancelations of flights can be made free of cost and fortunately for all classes. For example, United Airlines allows customers to change or cancel their booking at no cost within 24 hours after the booking. Furthermore, if a customer cancels their flight within the given period, they can get a complete refund of the original ticket price.
The ticket type also plays an important role; you must not pay any charge when you have refundable tickets and want to cancel or change. But at the same time, if you have non-refundable tickets, you may have to pay the difference when changing your booking.
United Airlines Same Day Flight Change
The airline offers its flyers the same-day flight change. So, the passengers can make changes by paying the fare difference. But, if a passenger gets a new ticket for the same price as the last original ticket, then to he has to pay the fee of $75 for a general or silver tier member and $0 for Platinum, gold, & 1k member. Thus, members of Mileage Plus are eligible to make changes for free if the ticket is available on a new flight.
The airline doesn’t charge any fee for changing the flight. Thus, the passenger only has to pay the difference in fare while making the required changes.
The airline offers its passenger to cancel their flight as late as 24 hours before the scheduled departure. Thus, the passenger will be charged with a minimal amount of cancelation fee.
As noted above, the airline offers the same-day flight change at a minimal cost of $75 for silver or general tier members and $0 for platinum, gold, and 1k members.
As mentioned above, passengers can change their flight using various ways:
● Via website using Manage Booking.
● Over a Phone call.
● At the airport.
In order to know how to change your United flights in detail, read the blog above.