Emergencies and sudden plan changes can happen anytime. If you have reserved your seat with Turkish Airlines, you can cancel your flight easily. Turkish is one of the largest Airlines in the world. It is the only Airlines to operate non-stop flights from a single airport. Due to any reasons if you want to cancel your flight, you can go through the Turkish Airlines Cancellation policy to know all the details regarding Turkish Flight Cancellation .
Turkish Airlines is a national flag carrier of Turkey. It operates extensive domestic and international routes to around 364 destinations to more than 126 nations on four continents. In case of canceling your flight, you can reach out to customer support through the Turkish Airlines Cancellation Number. Passengers can cancel and rebook their flight online, but they need to understand the cancellation policy before that. From here, you know more about the cancellation policy of Turkish Airlines and how to cancel the flight.
Read Also :- Turkish Airlines Baggage Allowance
What is the Turkish Airlines Cancellation Policy?
The cancellation and refund policy of the Airlines depends on the flight tickets. You can claim your refund based on the types of tickets you have bought. Turkish also provide 24 hours flexible booking option to manage or cancel your flight without paying any extra charges. Hence here you can know more about the cancellation policy:
Turkish Airlines 24 Hours Flexible Booking
According to the 24 hours of flexible bookings, customers can modify their bookings without paying any change and cancellation fees. Within 24 hours of booking your flight, you can cancel your flight and claim a full refund. Both refundable and non-refundable tickets can claim a full refund and conveniently cancel their flight.
Turkish Airlines Refundable Ticket
Those who have bought a refundable ticket can cancel their flight reservations at least seven days before the departure. You can cancel your flight and claim a refund after the deduction of the cancellation fee.
Turkish Airlines Non – Refundable Ticket
If you have bought a non-refundable ticket, you can cancel your flight at least 12 hours or more before your flight departure.The refund of the ticket depends on the type of cabin class you are traveling. To know more about it, you can get your all queries answered by contacting Turkish Airlines Customer Services .
Turkish Airlines Refund Procedure
If you have canceled your flight within 24 hours of booking, you will get a full refund. But if you have done after that, you will get the refund according to your flight travel class. The refund is decided based on the fare rules of Turkish Airlines. The fare rule for Turkish Airlines cancellation and refund for domestic flights are:
|Ecofly||Need to pay TRY 150 – 180 cancellation fee along with ticketing service fee|
|Extra Fly||Need to pay TRY 150 – 180 cancellation fee along with ticketing service fee|
|Prime Fly||Need to pay 90 TL deduction along with ticketing service fee|
|Business Flexible||No Deduction until 12 hours or more before a flight|
Refer to this information to get help with Cancellation and other details about the Airlines :
|Turkish Airlines Cancellation||1 (877) 696-0333|
|Turkish Airlines Customer Service||1-(800)-874-8875|
|Turkish Airlines Official Site||Turkish Airlines|
International Flights Fare Rules
For international flights, the cancellation and refund are permitted only for Economic Restricted, Economic Flexible, Business Restricted, and Business flexible tickets . For Economy Promotion and Business Promotions, cancellation and refund are not allowed.
Modes to Cancel Your Turkish Flight
Turkish Airlines offers various convenient ways to cancel your flight. You can choose any way to cancel your Turkish Airlines Reservations and claim your refund. Here are the ways to cancel your flight reservations :
- Online via the Official Website
- Online via Mobile App
- Offline by Calling on Turkish Airlines Cancellation Number
- Offline at the Airport
How to Cancel Your Turkish Airlines Tickets?
As we know that Turkish Airlines provides various handy ways to cancel flight reservations, so you can select any way to cancel your flight.
Turkish Airlines Cancellation Via Official Website or Mobile App
To cancel your ticket online via the Official website or mobile app, you follow the given below steps:
- Visit Turkish Airlines Official Website or mobile app to view your flight itinerary.
- You have to click on Plan & Book and then click on Manage My Booking to continue on the homepage.
- In that, you need to enter your ticket and reference number and surname to log in to find your reservation.
- After login, find your reservation and open it.
- In that, click on the cancel your flight reservations to proceed to cancel.
- Now cancel your flight and pay the cancellation fee.
- Now atllast, proceed to complete the cancelation of the flight.
- Once it is done, you will receive a confirmation mail on your registered mail id.
Turkish Airlines Cancellation Compensation
In case of extraordinary conditions like epidemics, meteorological conditions, and natural disasters, the flights might get canceled or delayed. Turkish provides passengers rights to the passengers to claim their transactions accordingly.
In case of any disputed boarding, flight cancellation, or delay of a flight for at least 2 hours, you have rights as provided by “Regulation on Air Passenger Rights.”
As per the policy, no compensation might be paid regarding flight irregularities in case of an extraordinary circumstance. You can get the bonus as per the Regulation on Rights of Passengers in the following event:
- If you are not notified of the cancellation at least two weeks before your scheduled departure time.
- Unless the Airlines notify of the cancellation from two weeks to seven days before
- If the Airlines offer a route change that enables to departure at a maximum of two hours before the scheduled departure time
- In case the Airlines notify of the cancellation shorter than seven days before the scheduled departure.
- 3,000 miles for flights between 0-1500 km
- 5,000 miles for flights between 1500-3500 km
- 10,000 miles for flights over 3500 km
How to Rebook Tickets with E-Credits after Turkish Airlines Cancellation?
Those who get an E-credit refund after the cancellation can rebook their flights . You can pay off some payments through your previous credits. You can also reach out to customer care support through the Turkish Airlines Cancellation Phone Number for more information.
To rebook your tickets with E-credits, follow the process:
- First, you need to visit Turkish Airlines Official Site.
- Now, you need to find the plan & book options on the homepage.
- After, you have to book your flight by entering the required information.
- Now at the time of payment, you need to choose “ADD FLIGHT CREDIT” to use your credit.
- Now, enter the ticket number of your last canceled trip.
- You have to pay the remaining value after subtracting the credits.
- Make the payments through the safest payment modes and confirm your booking.
Frequently Asked Questions
What rights do I have in case of flight cancellation?
Ans. Passengers can cancel and confirm cancellation and claim compensation as per the Regulation on Rights of Passengers.
My flight got canceled, how can I claim a refund of it?
Ans. To claim or know about your refund status, you can reach out to the Turkish Airlines Cancellation Phone Number. You can also visit the official website and claim compensation for your canceled flight.
What to do if I am not informed about my flight cancellation?
Ans. If you don’t get any alert related to your canceled flight, you can report it to the customer care number of Turkish Airlines and claim your compensation.
How can I know of extraordinary circumstances declared by Turkish Airlines?
Ans. Passengers are advised to check the official website regularly. You can know about your flight status from the official website.
Do I need to pay any cancellation fees?
Ans. If you cancel your flight after 24 hours of booking, you have to pay the cancellation fee according to the destination.